Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Me They See

iTunes has a section called "Just For You". Supposedly these are songs that I would really like. The software is no longer a beta version and Apple has more than 1000 of my downloads to go on. They stopped the force feed of Gnarls Barkley's Crazy and I seem to take them up on at least one of the suggestions each week. Maybe they have at long last dialed me in.

I'll open up my "Just for You" for all to see.
- With my comments, of course.

1. Astral Weeks - Secret Machines.
Sounds like U2 filler material. Six minutes worth of valuable storage to boot.

2. Face Down - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Not bad, but too much like Yellowcard, Jimmy Eat World, Weezer. Nothing new here.

3. Here you Are - Greencards
Eh. Pleasant but bland - like canned pears or cottage cheese.

4. Hang Me Up to Dry - Cold War Kids
Sure. Why not? A good jarring sound and a spirited vocal. Too much modern folk lately anyway. Click.

5. I Try - Ben Taylor
Macy Gray cover that comes up short.

6. Smells Like Teen Spirit- Patti Smith
Interesting - so I followed the link to an album of her classic rock covers. Are You Experienced? was even better. I'll consider it.

7. In Tall Buildings - Gillan Welch
Just OK. In the context of an album, fine, but it doesn't grab my attention as a "tune".

8. Irreplaceable - Beyonce
I think she's hot, but how could iTunes know that? I have no Beyonce downloads.

9. Nature of the Experiment - Tokyo Police Club
If the economy was stonger, I would purchase it. This represents almost 1 litre of gasoline. Maybe next week

10. Rough Gem - The Islands
Cute, but no cigar. It must be that damned New Soul download that brought this on.

Only one purchase this week. Two on the table. No Gnarls. There it is.

1 comment:

noble007 said...

Try Pandora.com

Doesn't match you to music but finds similiar music to what you request.