Thursday, June 21, 2007

Just For Me?


iTunes' Just For You feature needs serious tweaking. It's supposed to come up with suggested downloads based on my previous purchases. Supposed to.

They've been waving Crazy by Gnarls Barkley in my face for two months. Do they actually think I've yet to discover this obscure song? The song is not in keeping with the styles of music I download. It's not a terrible song, but seems to be playing in every retail store I visit. iTunes can't know this, but after I rejected it for seven weeks running, you think they'd get the hint.

I received notices about their Gay Pride collection. Perhaps this is an overraction by iTunes to songs I've purchased by The Indigo Girls or The Scissor Sisters? Maybe it's a marketing ploy to get me to beef up my collection with heterosexual oriented tunes like Crazy.

No comments: