Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tequila!


The summer drink sensation around here is tequila and Fresca. The continuing audition for the most suitable tequila for this simple and refreshing concoction currently shows Patron Silver atop of the leader board. This is not good. Patron can be purchased at a bargain price of $38 at Sam's Club, whereas the other 100% agave silver tequilas (I insist upon it) run in the $20-$25 range. Being a whiskey snob in the making, I already have a taste for the $79 bottles of Lagavulin 16 year Scotch. I keep a bottle on hand for special occaisions, but am content with a lesser whiskey for the ferial days. This is not the case with the tequila.

The Patron is very smooth and blends with the Fresca far better than the others. It's one of those great accidents in chemistry like the invention of the Super Ball or Silly Putty. It's looking like wall-to-wall Patron, but less frequently.


News Update:


The place was packed today. I waited two hours and read the latest issues of Outdoor Life, Golf Digest and Motor Trend before getting my "1 1/2 all over". I feel like a new man.


No comments: