Thursday, April 10, 2008

I'm not the only one

Others must have been confused about the headline on CNN.com yesterday. It actually read, "Beheading victim asked for help." Today it reads, "Beheading victim asked for help before his death." I could have been just as confused if I accurately read "asked" instead of "asks." No, the victim did not ask for "a little help" in getting his head back on his shoulders. Instead, it may have been misconstrued that others sought his assistance despite his compromised health.

I once ranted about being maimed in the act of opening a package. A move is afoot to eliminate the impenetrable hard plastic shells that seal merchandise such as electronic components. The big issue is the environmental hazard but others apparently have been harmed.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission estimated that there were some 6,500 emergency room visits related to plastic packaging in 2004.

My concerns have been validated. Good.

No comments: