Tuesday, April 8, 2008

O Lordy, I got dem, I got dem taxation blues

I just finished a long day doing income taxes. I'm satisfied because they are finally done, I'm unhappy (as always) at the amount of hard-earned money I give the politicians to waste. I'm mentally drained. I don't give a shit about anything.

So I was thinking that posting something sanguine might cheer up my fellow citizens and me. Couldn't think of one positive thing. I'm a real Eeyore tonight. But I refuse to mope around and stink up the household. Damn the IRS!

So here's the plan. Jack Daniels and a play list of tunes devoted to the forlorn.

1. Waiting 'Round To Die - Townes Van Zandt
2. Damn Right I Got the Blues - Buddy Guy
3. Life in Prison - The Byrds
4. Lord Help The Poor and Needy - Cat Power
5. Mercy, Mercy - Don Covay
6. Nothin' - Lucinda Williams
7. Drown in My Own Tears - Ray Charles
8 Time to Go Inward - Rodney Crowell

Leave me be. I'll be better tomorrow.

No comments: