Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Chapeau Velu


This hat has a history. It finds its way onto Harrumph Harrumph today.

The hat was won by the fellow in seat 10 at The Argosy Poker Room. He had a straight flush - thus the reward. He put it on top of the hat he already was wearing and played on. After a few hands of bad play / luck, he was out of chips and was getting up to leave. "Well", I said, "At least you have the hat. "

He just said, "Here, take it." Perhaps it was cursed. I put it on and my luck seemed to have improved.

I wore it last week's poker club and found that the mojo had been used up. It was tossed in my back seat. I decided to see if Ron, he of a great hat collection, wanted it. He did.

We took the doggies in for a bath today. It seems that Smooch was sitting on the hat. Note the hair. I was going to present it in its pictured state, but decided to photograph it first. It has since been stripped of the blond Smooch hairs and is ready for delivery.

No comments: