Friday, January 23, 2009

Fact Checking

One anachronism.

That's all it takes to taint, if not ruin, a movie for me.

I've always been fussy concerning films about music and sports - and now - thanks to this guy named Brenden, weapons of the military need to be in order for war films . After seeing Defiance the other night, I immediately checked the rifles and machine guns used in the film for their authenticity as soon as I returned home. I found out I'm not the only one who exhibits this behavior http://www.imfdb.org/index.php?title=Defiance

That's why I missed my pause button. At home, if a ship appears at a certain battle, I look it up to see if the vessel was actually in the area at that time or is just a piece of stock footage that was patched in to fatten the imagery.

I once saw a satellite dish on a house in the background of an Elvis docudrama.

No comments: