Friday, October 17, 2008

Football Weather

When folks have nothing to say, the weather becomes the topic. Bear with me.

Finally a cool sunny weekend here in Indiana The leaves are beginning to turn. A jacket can be worn. As it said in the title, I'm tempted to go down to Bloomington to see my alma mater's team at Indiana University take the field. A post game trip to Nick's English Hut would be in order too. Boola Boola.

I'm most giddy during this time of the year over the fact that tomorrow may be the last day I need to mow the lawn. But Wait! There's more.

Apple Cider from Adrian Orchards is at its prime. I'll be going back for a second batch.

Cool weather invites foods that just don't hit the spot during the warm months : chili. Swiss steak, hot tea, soup, roast beef , fresh baked bread . . .

Candles. Nothing warms a room in my 68 degree home like a fragrant flame.

Sweat pants. Best comfort available for the "husky" man.

Bugs die.

Driving with the sun roof wide open.

So with no real drama going on; nothing to piss and moan about; all my affairs in order; I leave you with a uncharacteristically upbeat entry.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i like......

abraham said...

I thought u were in Vegas till the 19th? And your happy??

TM said...

Next month.