Saturday, July 7, 2007

Blazing Sevens

It's July 7, 2007 (7-7-07) and I've got to ask myself a question: Do you feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

No, I don't.

Apparently a number of people do feel lucky . I was amused when reading about all those flocking to Las Vegas to get married today. I'm sure the craps tables will be filled with those confident the sevens are restricted to come out rolls. The 7 horse in the 7th race will see lots of action. Many will go "all in" with pocket sevens. You'll have to get in line to play the Blazing 7 slots

On the way to St. Ives, I learned that sevens or any other number are neither blessed or cursed. On June 6 last year, I didn't read any reports of a multiheaded beast swooping down on Vegas and plucking up blackjack players like so many party nuts. The world didn't end on January 1, 2000. Bad things don't come in threes. Some of my best days have occurred on Friday the 13th.

The odds of making 7 on a come out roll are 1 in 6. This is true today, yesterday, last year, on Elvis' birthday, and on Earth's last day.

No comments: