Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Buttoning Up 2008

This IS the future. I've noticed that many of the old sci-fi movies from as late as 1980 were set in the early 21st century. I see no flying cars, but then again this isn't a post apocalyptic wasteland either.

It has been 9 years since the Y2K scare. Cable / Satellite TV has been with me for 30 years.

You don't see much of the New Year's baby anymore. I used to wonder if anyone was checking in on him in mid July to see how he's getting along. You only saw him as a tot and then as shriveled up old man on January 31st.

I miss Guy Lombardo.

January 1 as the date starting a new year is completely arbitrary, as is the year being numbered 2009. I always laugh at the quick joke in Back to Future when Doc Brown temporarily sets the time machine to the day Christ was born. The date: December 25, 0000.

I'm not much of a college football fan, but all the big bowl games (including the so-called national championship game), need to be played on New Year's Day.

Tomorrow is Bosco's birthday (5). He's getting a box of Milk Bone small breed biscuits. Just another day for him, though. He has the right attitude.

This will be post 182 for the year. Hard to believe I could write so much about so little.

No comments: