Monday, June 9, 2008

There Will Be Old Men

or No Country for Blood


Doesn't matter, I saw both of these fine films this week on HD-PPV.

No Country for Old Men was about what I expected from Joel and Ethan Coen. It was reminiscent of Blood Simple. I'd rate it just below Fargo and above Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? Anton Chigurh was the nastiest menace since Frank Booth. . Or was it the coin?

There Will Be Blood could have a place on in my Top 10. Only time will tell. I didn't even get up to pee and the 2+ hours went by in a flash. I can't begin to explain why I liked it in the scope of this blog. Suffice to say that I am glad I saw it. "God doesn't save stupid people."

It's refreshing to see movies that aren't a big spectacular based on a comic book hero, or part IV of a series, or a lame-assed script propped up by compter generated cartoons.

No comments: