Monday, August 6, 2007

Lost Weekend

It's hot outside. Too hot to work. Bad for asthma. UV rays a plenty. I haven't been out of the house for much more than a trip to the grocery store and a serving of strawberry fields salad at Friday's. I'm not crazy. I simply require AC - constantly.

I haven't posted since Wednesday. Some computer work, a few indoor chores and more television than usual have filled my days. I'm not one to offer still another opinion about politics or current events that was formed from second hand information gleaned from television. I won't do the old 5th graders' routine of asking me, "Mr. Sparkle, did you see Full House last night? " If I say "No", I get a complete summary of the show. If I say "Yes", I get a complete summary of the show, with the added preface to every sentence being "did you see the part when....?"

You will get the skinny on what I saw live and what was stored up on my DVR. This is all I have.

Marquez - Vazquez fight. Patti comments, "Why do they let them hit in the face?" It was a whale of a fight between two tomato cans.

John From Cincinnati - I still haven't decided if I like it, if I'm being conned, or exactly what the hell's going on. Don't interrupt me when I watch it. I'm mesmerised.

Futurama - Never watched it first run. Funny at 2:00 a.m.

Anthony Bourdain - No Reservations. makes me feel I'm cheating myself by sitting on my ass and not going more places or trying more new foods.

Big Brother 8 - Guilty Pleasure. Never miss it. I'm a fan of Jen this year. She has her priorities straight. It's all about Jen and only Jen.

NASCAR - Kurt Busch made it a snoozer.

Weeds - Right up my alley. Second time through and it's still funny.

It's Alive - I, II, and III. Fanged babies killing people wearing leisure suits is somehow funny to me.

No comments: