Monday, October 29, 2007

Halloween in Two Days - Yikes!


This is a lame observance. I didn't even like it when I was a wee lad. I never was much for:

1. Dressing in a costume
2. Begging
3. Sickening sweet, cheap candy.

As an adult, you don't get a day off for it, and as a retired elementary teacher, the real horror was facing 30 sugar-crazed heathens the next day.

I really don't like it when adults get involved. For the most part, I think it's merely an excuse to get out the sex role-playing, and S&M gear for public display. It's kind of a Freak Pride Day.

The only good thing is that the dogs enthusiastically greet every group of kids that show up at our door and sleep soundly the next day. OK, and the little kids are kind of cute. Especially the toddlers that have no clue about what is going on. They're just glad to be involved.

Better go out and get some cheap candy.

No comments: