I thought it would be a good idea to make a trial batch of pigs-in-a-blanket today instead of going directly to the public. It turned out to be a great idea.
I had "a little trouble" with the crescent rolls. I opened the package and was greeted with a tube of dough. There were perforations scored, but somehow I couldn't start peeling away what I hoped were thin preshaped triangles of doughy goodness. Instead I inadvertently pinched off a big glob of dough. I panicked and would up with 4 or 5 globs that couldn't be peeled apart.
I decided to flatten the dough out with a rolling pin. Seemed OK. The recipe said the tube of rolls should make 32 pigs. I would up with about 15. Thick ones.
They are very tasty despite their appearance and as one would expect, a little heavy on the blankets. I think I'll have Patti instruct me before I do the real batch.
These little guys will be good to dip into mustard, sweet and sour sauce, or something cheesy. Ugly as they are.